BHUMA SHOBHA NAGIREDDY MEMORIAL COLLEGE OF ENFGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
ALLAGADDA – 518 543 (A.P) INDIA
Academic Regulations 2015 (R15) for B. Tech (Regular)
(Applicable for the students admitted during the Academic Year 2015-2016 and onwards)
1. Eligibility for Admission:
Admission to the B.Tech. program shall be made subject to the eligibility, qualification and specialization prescribed by the University for each program from time to time.
i. Admission shall be made either on the basis of merit/rank obtained by the qualifying candidates in EAMCET/ECET or otherwise specified, whichever is relevant.
The duration of B.Tech program is of four academic years divided into eight semesters comprising of two semesters in each academic year. A student is required to choose a branch of study at the time of admission. Students under lateral entry will be admitted straightaway into Third semester of B.Tech course in the respective branch. No change of branch shall be allowed after the admissions are closed.
2. Award of B.Tech. Degree:
A student will be declared eligible for the award of the B.Tech. degree if he/she fulfils the following academic regulations:
- Regular entry students shall pursue a course of study for not less than four academic years and in not more than eight academic years.
- Regular entry students shall register for 224 credits and secure all 224 credits.
- Lateral entry students shall pursue a course of study for not less than three academic years and in not more than six academic years for.
- Lateral entry students shall register for 170 credits and secure all 170 credits.
- Student‟s who fail to fulfill all the academic requirements for the award of the degree within eight academic years (for Regular Entry) / six academic years (for Lateral Entry) from the year of their admission, shall forfeit their seat in B.Tech course and their admission is cancelled.
- The students who have availed one year or two year gap period, shall have to fulfill all the academic requirements for the award of the degree within nine academic years or ten academic years, respectively otherwise they shall forfeit their seat in B.Tech course and their admission is cancelled.
Completing the course of study shall mean not only satisfying the attendance requirements but also passing of all the subjects and acquiring required number of credits within the respective stipulated period.
3. Branches of study:
The following Branches of study are offered at present for B. Tech. degree
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering.
- Chemical Engineering
And any other branch as approved by the authorities of the University from time to time.
Each Branch will have a curriculum with a syllabi that shall consist of the following: i. General Core Courses 1. Basic Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Humanities and social sciences
- Program core courses in Engineering / Technology
- Elective courses of Engineering / Technology / Management Entrepreneurship / Business Communication and allied fields.
- Open Electives/CBCS/MOOCS/Audit Courses.
- Mandatory learning courses.
- Project work